Handwriting BRISTOL is a specialist service for children and young people who experience handwriting difficulties.
What Handwriting BRISTOL can offer:
- Assessment to identify why your child is having difficulties with handwriting.
- Intervention to help develop pen/pencil grip, posture, legibility and speed.
- Individualised Programmes to develop handwriting skills.
- Advice on seating and useful tools and equipment.
- Consultation and Training to schools on prewriting, handwriting development, teaching strategies, motor skills and useful resources.
- Parent training and workshop sessions.
"Our daughter is left-handed and was struggling with her handwriting, to the point that it was affecting her confidence at school. Caroline has such a kind, reassuring approach. She created a personalised treatment plan that completely changed our attitude to handwriting. The exercises she taught us have really helped strengthen our daughter's hands and improve her dexterity. She is actively enjoying the process and has become so much more confident as she improves."
These services are provided by Caroline Currid who is a highly skilled Occupational Therapist who specialises in working with children and young people with Handwriting Difficulties.
Caroline has over 20 years’ experience working with children, young people and families, teachers, SENDCo’s and support staff.
She is a member of the HCPC, Royal College of Occupational Therapy, The National Handwriting Association, Children Young People and Families Specialist Section. DBS checked, Registered with Information Commissioners offices (ICO).
Get in touch to discuss how Handwriting BRISTOL can help.